For Social Media Challenge #1, you’ll be creating a blogroll of the 10+ blogs you’re following in your RSS feed. A blogroll keeps your influences at your fingertips, and it’s a useful way to show visitors to your blog the places you use for information. It makes sense – if they like what you have to say, they might want to know who you like.
It’s easy to create and update this in WordPress:
- Sign in to your blog and click “My Dashboards”
- In the left column, go to Links > All Links
- Click “Add New” (at the top next to “Links”) and fill in these blanks:
- Name: What is the blog or blogger?
- Web Address: The URL – be sure to include the http://
- Description (OPTIONAL): Tell something about the blog
- Categories: Default is “Blogroll” – you can create others if you like
- Click the blue “Add Link” button on the left, and you’re done!