For the first part of our Twitter Mega-Assignment, we need to get to know Twitter. This in-class assignment will get you started (if you’re not already). The requirements are simple:
- Create a Twitter account and post it as a comment to the Mega-Assignment page. You may use your existing account if you have one, or you may create a new account if you’d like to keep your existing account private. Due: In class, Tuesday, January 24.
- NOTE: Your profile must be publicly accessible (because I have to be able to read it to grade you)
- Add the Twitter widget (in your Dashboard under Appearance > Widgets) to your personal blog and link it to the account you’ll be using for class. Due: In class, Tuesday, January 24.
- Find at least 30 people/organizations/whatever to follow (these should include @rww and @mashable – you may also follow your classmates, but not ONLY them). Due: Noon, Friday, January 27.
- Post at least 10 tweets in addition to the Scavenger Hunt assignment, each incorporating one or more of the following:
- In addition, at least a few of these should include the #WVUblogJ tag (and be relevant to this class!).
- Due: Noon, Monday, January 30.