Remember these basics for coding and previewing your work:
To preview in TextWrangler:
- In Chrome, go to File > Open File… and open “index2.html”
- Command-Tab to select TextWrangler and write code
- Command-Tab to select Chrome and Command-R to refresh your webpage
You’ll do the following:
- Use/create WWW folder; create “index3.html”; add structural tags and a <title>
- Create a first-level heading
- Create a table with three rows and three columns
- Give your table a 2px border
- Give it a header row
- Below your table, create a <div> – make it 100px wide, 50px high, and give it a color.
- Turn your div into a clickable link.
Too smart for all this? See if you can…
- Change the background color of a row or cell in your table?
- Get rid of your table’s borders? Give your div a border?
- Put text in a div? Center that text horizontally? (note: vertical is kind of complicated at this point)
- Give your div a border? Give it rounded corners to look more like a button?